Sunday, March 1, 2009

Day 51 - Feb 27th - High Chapparal RV Park - Arizona City

Up in the AM with nothing to do. This afternoon we are having happy hour at our place so I needed to do some setting up - not much, but set up the picnic table and set up more chairs etc. My left front tire on the jeep is still showing low air pressure so I need to go and get it fixed somewhere. It's not bad but just aggravating. Seems to decrease pressure to about 25 lbs and then stay, but the indicator is always blinking. Tom and I make a trip to a truck tire repair shop at Eloy and check with the owner about fixing SUV tires. He said he would, but we would have to wait an hour. We decided to go up to Casa Grande and get it done there. Went to Discount Tire. They couldn't fix it for an hour either, but we decided to wait. After they looked at the tire, checked tire wear, tire pressure on all the other tires, my name and address, and another whole bank of questions, I, and Tom, had a lot of reservations about these guys. We only wanted a tire repaired!! However we were there now - might as well let them do their thing, but anticipated a $25 or more bill. We wandered around to an Auto Supply store and then to Home Hardware to burn up the hour required. When we returned they crew was just finishing and was backing it out. I went to the office expecting the worst, but the clerk handed me the invoice with a total of $0. I couldn't believe it but by then the clerk was on to another customer. I waited until the manager wasn't busy and asked him to explain. He said that they could not find a leak, but had serviced the sensor arrangement, put the tire back on, and balanced it. and so no charge. He said that he just wanted our future business, and since we were such good Guys there was no charge. I thanked him for that, and certainly retracted my earlier thoughts.Then we went to "Best Buy" to get some more Ram for my computer. I wanted to upgrade from 2 to 4 Gyge, but the Computer Geek advised that my Sony maximum Ram was 2 Gyge. So couldn't spend any money there either. Happy Hour started at 4:00PM. Denice had made many snacking dishes, chips, cheese, pickles, oysters, veggies, dip, Brenda Brown's famous chili dip, and then the neighbors brought additional food. One thing for sure we were not going to go short. And then of coarse there was ample refreshments. We had Tom and Linda, and Denice and I from Canada, Jim and Marsha Orcutt from Conrad Montana, Wayne and Lorrain Cherry, full timers from Los Cruces, New Mexico, and Bill and Bernice Workman from Iowa. We had a great evening, just shooting the breeze until about 7:00PM.



Great Day !!

No comments:

Post a Comment