Friday, March 27, 2009

Day 79 - March 27th - Last Resort RV Park - Rockport, TX

It was one of those days. Not much action. Up at 6:00AM for coffee, then made one cycle around the park, about 1/2 mile. We had committed to walking every morning, but somehow it just has never happened. Guess we better get on with the program and get some miles under our belt. Let me tell you, there is not much room for anything under our belts as it seems all we have been doing is eating, and my belt seems to be getting tighter. After our short walk we had breakfast of cereal. Then rested till near noon. Denice made a great chicken soup for lunch from the leftovers we had from last nights HEB BAR-B-Que chicken supper. Of course when she makes soup, she makes lots. We now have 2 containers in the freezer.

After lunch made a trip into town. I need to buy an electric chain saw so I can cut some short log sections to put on the lathe and turn some small bowls. Brenda is threatening me, if she doesn't get one before we leave, so I better shape up and get after it.
On the way in we went by the beach route, and took a short jaunt out onto the public wharf. It is nearly 1/2 mile long out into water that they tell me is about 10 ft deep. Not sure what this guy was doing out there!! No fishing Rod, no camera, no ambition!!
Must be one of those retired snowbirds!!!A few fishermen are out there, but the only fish I saw them catch was some little trout-like fish about 6" long that they fed to the resident heron.
So once at ACE Hardware I was able to buy an electric Reminton chain saw with a 14" bar for $54.99. Not bad. One the way home, my co-pilot, suggested we stop at DQ for a treat. Once we had the ice cream, it was obvious that in the 92 degree heat it was going to melt before we got home, so we made a beline to the beach and enjoyed it there. While there Eagle Eyed Denice, who always has her camera, spied a new shore bird. Now I know its not a sparrow and not a crow, so what is it?? My birder partner says it is a long billed curlew. Here is a photo of it.Then home and some more slack time until time to get dinner. I get the barbie going and put on some back ribs, while Denice gets the rest of the meal ready. Very Good!!

Weather forcast is for a front to go through tonight with high winds and a severe drop in temperature to about 49 degrees. As I write this at 9:00PM it still has not materialized, so not sure if it is really going to happen or not.

I'll let you know in tomorrows Blog.

2 comments:

  1. No "Serious Dennis I am not threating you at all but I had better see one soon!!!!

    Thank god!! he found a chain saw. Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful bowl that you turned for Brenda! I am jealous!

    ReplyDelete