Thursday, March 19, 2009

Day 71 - March 19th - Last Resort RV Resort, Rockport, TX

A quiet Day Today - Not much on the Agenda, except a hair appointment for Denice at 11:30. Took her down the Harbor Oaks Village to Hair Affair in Rockport, and I went on about my way. Over to Ace Hardware to see what they had and then on down to the Copano Bridge. Beside the new 2 mile long bridge there is an old one near water level that is now dedicated to a fishing wharf. With nothing else to do for a couple of hours I wandered about half way across. Took a few shots and talked to a few of the locals. Poor fishing today one told me, not warm enough. Not sure what that has to do with it, but any excuse will do.
1:00 o'clock I was back at the hair dressers and Denice was standing outside waiting for me. Not sure what they all do in there but she goes in for $75 and comes out looking like a million bucks, and 20 years younger. Wonder what they could do for me --------

By now, of course, it was after lunch time, so we stopped at Charlotte Plummers Restaurant on the beach front. I had Gigantic shrimp, and they were big ones, Denice had a shrimp salad. Returned home and rested the remainder of the day. Seven PM went over to John and Brendas for dessert, Pear crumb cake and ice cream. A couple of their RV Dreamer Blog Friend, Rod and Loyce, came over and we chatted till my eyes got heavy.

Goodnight all

3 comments:

  1. We really enjoyed meeting you folks last night at John and Brenda's. Seemed as though we only got started relating all our stories, and it was time to go home. We wish we had more time to stay, but Kansas City is calling our names.
    Look us up when you pass thru our area, or we are camped near each other, and we will do the same. Perhaps Arizona next fall.
    Rod and Loyce

    ReplyDelete
  2. I heard that in the land of the RVers - heavy eyes comes about 9pm!

    ReplyDelete