Monday, March 30, 2009

Day 81 - March 29th - Last Resort RV Park - Rockport, TX

After another hearty breakfast and some reading returned to my lathe to complete Brenda's bowl. Got all my stuff organized on the picnic table again, lathe, tools, chain saw, sandpaper, etc, etc, by then nearly lunch time. Worked most of the afternoon on it, but had it completed by about 4:00PM and presented it to Brenda. She was very happy with it. If you would like to see the progress on it, log onto John & Brenda's Blog at



http://johnbrendasincredibleadventure.blogspot.com/



John did a "Play by Play" photo show of my little performance. Once finished that, started on another small cup. Wood chosen for this one was a piece of mesquite, that I had scavenged at the RV Park at Durango. This one didn't take too long to complete. It is kind of interesting as it has a lot of character with many worm holes in the sides. I completed the finishing with Orange Bees Wax and the grooved in a gold bead chain near the top. Brenda does not have this one YET!!

2 comments:

  1. I think IF Brenda gets this one she should give it to her new cousin. What do you think??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think not Mickey thats what I think.

    Brenda

    ReplyDelete