Sunday, March 1, 2009

Day 53 - Picacho RV Resort

Well, we decided to move on this morning. Had an appointment to have ELTORO serviced at a local one man service shop at 10:00AM this AM. Arrived there at about 9:30 and he still was not open. Waited a few minutes until he arrived, and as soon as he was organized and started the service, we went on into Casa Grande to the Big Mall on the east side of I-10. Denice was looking for a new bed spread for our bed as the one that we had just purchased for $250, from Linens and Things, just prior to leaving, was already falling apart. As you all know, I am kind of cheap, and I was thoroughly ticked with the quality that Linens and Things sold us. So much that I sent them a rather snotmail message. But,of coarse, no reply, as they are going out of business. Anyway Denice was able to find a lighter colored one that she liked, so of coarse we bought. It was then time to pick up ELTORO, so we returned and Ricks Mechanical was just finishing the job. He seems like a really nice guy, no fancy shop, in fact he did ELTORO outside on a cement pad. I like that kind of service, with someone you can actaully talk to! I would recommend him to anyone who needs work done down here. He's situated on the I-10 exit to Arizona City, just across the hiway from Love's and beside Starbucks Coffee. He only charged $56 !! I said that was pretty cheap, so he asked what I usually paid in Canada. When I told him around $100, he was really surprised. So he is quite reasonable. It was now near dinner time so Denice followed me in the jeep and we travelled south toward Tucson for about 15 miles to the Picacho RV Park. Have just got set up now and it is very hot, near 90 degrees today!! Both air conditioners are on and working hard to keep it liveable inside ----- But that is a good thing -- at least we don't have to shovel it!

No comments:

Post a Comment