Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Day 70 - March 18th - Last Resort RV Park, Rockport, TX

Quiet Day today - Laundry Detail - The park that we are in only has 3 washers and 3 driers and is somewhat ageing - Denice wouldn't put her clothes in until she cleaned the machines first. I think next wash will be down town. I think there is a couple of good ones down there.
Watched John polish his RV next to me. Wonder if some of that energy will rub off onto me. I did get him to stop and visit for a while to give him a rest, but then he was after it again. Sure hope he doesn't polish the paint right off! I guess these new rigs just don't have the quality paint mine has. Mine just doesn't need or at least get that kind of attention. (John, feel free to start on a new project with more challenge than on yours)
Can't talk anymore about what we ate for the day. Some folks think we do nothing BUT eat. I guess that is somewhat true. The other thing we do is BUY food.
Talked with son Ross today on "Skype". This is a great system to voice communicate over the computer, but has to be computer to computer to be free. Voice is instantaneous and clear, much better than over the cell, that is rather "hit and miss" here. E-mailed Shannon and told her to download it also. She answered she would, and then sent photos of the "Little Dude" our GREAT-GRANDSON now 9 months old. Now everybody knows how old we really are !!
If anybody else would like to talk directly to us and would like to use skype, the downloading process is relatively simple. Just go to the web to and search Google for "Skype". Once found the site just start the download process. After loading it up you will have to set up a name for yourself, and e-mail it to me so that I can include you as a contact. From there on, just call me or I can call you. When called, your computer will ring as with a telephone. You can also just send text messages.
We did call, on the cell to my brother Larry, back home in Edmonton today, to find how they are wintering. Everything seems good there, and the weather is not bad either. Enid is doing well, as she has been taking some medical treatments, and says she is on the upswing. Really good to hear Enid!! We think often about you guys and wish you were down here with us again this year. Last year we had a GREAT couple of weeks together in Arizona.
Well, I guess its time to sign off. I'm still full of dinner of BAR-B-Qued ribs with spuds, onions and turnips, done in the barbie in tinfoil. Just had to get that in.

3 comments:

  1. Yes Dennis I am finding very hard to be parked next door to such dirty people hahahah! Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. I`m with you Dennis relax life is to short!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm happy someone said something about the food... I get hungry everytime I read your blog...not good for the waistline!

    ReplyDelete