Monday, January 19, 2009

Day 6 - Jan 13 - Quartzite

Washing crew arrive promtly at 8:00AM and complete at 9:30AM - do a good job but a little pricey ( $105)After they leave we pack up and get ready for the road. I drive ELTORO up the hill to the park entrance and Denice brings the jeep - First time she has driven it. I dump tanks and then hook up. Complete our check list and away we go. After a couple of blocks and when back on hiway 95, I feel ELTORO pulling to the left. At about that time a passing motorist signals me to pull over - I do at next light and get off highway. Check unit out and find that I pulled the keys out of the jeep, and when we made a corner the steering wheel locked with the tires at a slight angle - Good thing it was noticed or new front tires would have been on the order list Arrived in Quartzite at about noon - Had called Tom and he was on the desert at mile 112 turn off. Pulled in there and found him, and parked next to him. Good afternoon getting set up and chatty with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment