Friday, January 9, 2009

Day 2 - Dillon, MT

Woke up this morning in Helena to an inch of snow. There were strong winds through the night, but I guess when they subsided that the snow came in. I checked with the RV Office and got onto the Web through WIFI. Highway conditions were not optimum by any means on I-15 to Butte. Ice and snow reported on higher elevations, so we decided to to wait and see in conditions improved. The weather was nice at the RV Park, and it appeared that highway 287 south to I-90 was in fair contition other than a few miles just to the east of Helena. 10:30AM we decided it was time to go. It was as was predicted - only a few miles and then "Dry" sailing. All the way to I-90, then west on I-90 to Whitehall, and then down 55 and 41 to Dillon. Arrived at 2:30PM. Maybe could have negotiated Monida to Idaho Falls, but that would have made it late in the day, so decided to lay up here at a "Good Sam" park called "South Side". $15 for spot + Power+ TV Cable. Not Bad! The lady that ran the place, originally from California, was a real talker and a very nice lady. Nothing doing, but she give us a loaf of freshly baked bread. She had whole grain and cinnamon chip. I was leaning toward the cinnamon chip, but not sure if Denice would enjoy as much as me, so I was at an indecision point. The lady says, "So why don't you just take one of each?" Shannon ( my english teacher daughter), is this the right place to put the ? mark ?Anyway I came away with two loaves of bread. As soon as we were set up we had a slice of the cinnamon Chip --- Ummmm Good.
Supper was some of Denice's home made chicken soup. Also very good. A few more RV's and Fifth Wheels pulled in to join us. We may have "Convoy" over the Monida in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment