Monday, April 6, 2009

Day 88 - April 5th - Last Resort RV Park - Rockport, TX

Just another relaxing day. Breakfast, lunch, then a quick trip to HEB for supplies. Denice is making dinner for the Brown's and ourselves this evening so need a few more things. Dinner consisted of a Thia soup that she concockted, that turned out very good. Then the main course of Thia Shrimp on a bed of white rice. Now that was different story. As soon as she put it on the stove I detected the curry smell as being "Different". Now when Denice makes something "Different", I am always somewhat concerned. Now especially when we have company. Well, when presented onto the table, I took the liberty of placing the tangs of my fork into the juice. The tangs instantly turned blue from the heat. I touched them to my tongue, and felt nothing for a few minutes. Then fire shot through my mouth, until quenched with a glass of milk. Now a warning to our guests. IT IS HOT!!! Well we all took cautious helpings, but limited the amount of sauce. Everbody enjoyed, or at least they minded their manners, and said the flavor was great, but a little HOT! One helping each was all that each of us needed, and a gallon of milk.

2 comments:

  1. It was very very good I really enjoyed and yes it was a little hot. Good job Denice

    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have no idea what you are talking about Dennis, the meal was great and although I heard all of you whimpering about the heat I thought it was just about perfect.

    ReplyDelete