Monday, February 2, 2009

Day 23 - Jan 31 - Quartzsite

Just Realized we ahave been spelling Quartzsite wrong all this time. It it Quartz + site. I stand corrected.
Got up this morning and had a hearty breakfast of French Toast and eggs. Denice was sitting in her favourite chair, and she just reached behind her to pick something up, and must have pulled a muscle on her right side. It really grabbed her, and she was in a lot of pain all day. I had to step in and take over a lot of the domestic duties she would normally do. I wandered out side and noticed the jeep had a low front left tire. Sensors indicate only 10 lbs of air. We had noticed a slight low pressure a couple of days ago, put some air in, and then it seemed OK for the next day, but I guess there must be a leak some where. I would expect it might be a cactus thorn through it, from the day we were out on the desert taking photos of the deer. Anyway got out my trusty little compressor and filled it up and then went down town to the tire shop. A big place, but they definitely need some lessons in courtesy. Kind of an ignorant bunch around there and a lot of dis-satisfied customers. Anyway did get my tire fixed. It was not a cactus thorn but a nail. The former owner must have had the same problem and put in a liquid called "Tire Fix". They had to remove all of that stuff, and then fix the tire. They told me it would likely make to tire pressure sensors unworkable and I would have to go to Jeep to get a new one installed. When I did leave the shop it indeed was registering 0 psi, but after a mile or so it started to work again, and has ever since. GOOD NEWS!

No comments:

Post a Comment