Friday, March 12, 2010

Yuma

Our latest segment of the trip as of March 9th, 2010
(Double click on any picture for more detail)

Mar 10 -
Moving Day - As Denice is still laid up with this Gout thing I did all the inside packing as well as the outside stuff, but we were still ready to be on the road by about 8:30AM. We are just following Tom today. The day was fairly uneventful. Weather was good, and roads were good as well. I 10 through Tucson is now fairly well completed. The last couple of years there has been a lot of construction and some lanes were shut down or narrowed up, but this time, clear sailing right through. North of Tucson there was on short area of construction where a new bridge is being constructed. I had a little issue there. I was in the center of a 3 lane section. The right lane was closed, and where it merged, a semi started to force his way into my lane rather yield as he should have. I was forced to move to the left, but there was a little red car in that lane and I sure put put the squeeze on him. He braked quickly to avoid me, but gave me the light flashing signal and horn blowing warning. Sorry, but I could not help it. I thought he would give me the finger when he went past me after the construction area, but he didn't. I should have done the same thing to the semi, but I didn't. At Casa Grandi we left I 10 and onto I 8 toward Yuma' avoiding Phoenix. Stopped in Gila Bend for gas and lunch at a Shell Truck stop with large parking lot. They also have a RV park there that would be a good place to stop for an overnighter. Then on to Yuma and check into the Fortuna de Oro RV Resort. A very large Park with over 1000 stalls. We were all settled in by 1:30PM as we had only driven 275 miles today. Tom and Linda had a name of a Mexican who was in the business of washing/waxing motorhomes and ELTORO needs it badly as there are signs of some oxidation showing up. Called them and they came and gave me an estimate of $180. I approved and so they washed the outside, as well as a free wash for the Jeep today. Waxing to be done tomorrow.
Mar 11 - Denice's Birthday - 39 again and again
Denices Birthday Today but she is still laid up wih the Gout, so we spend a very quite one. The Mexican wax man shows up at about 9:30 and starts waxing. He has a large heavy duty buffer, and uses McGuires polish. With lots of buffing and heavy pressure the oxidation is removed. It comes off better than I had anticipated. The man works at the polishing until about 1:00PM when the buffer velcroed on pad failed, and he could not complete the job as he had a secondary afternoon job. He will complete the job in the morning before we leave Yuma. I had to go into town for some things. Groceries, hand held radio batteries, and t get some cash from an ATM. I went to Radio Shack for the batteries, and found they cost about $20 for a set, and I needed them for both radios. A new set of radios with an up to 20 mile range were only $60, so you know the route that I took. Then right beside Radio Shack was "Als RV Supply." had to stop there although I needed nothing. Only cost me about $50 time I got out. You can always find something you need for your motorhome at these stores. Then to Frys for groceries, as I have to do the shopping while Denice is down. Leaving Frys remembered I wanted a digital converter for the TV, as when on antennae, cannot bring in the channels, as all of the USA have gone digital. Satellite or Cable do not need a converter. So back to Radio Shack and buy one of them for another $60. Tom and Linda come over for dinner, and Linda had baked a birthday cake for Denice. Much appreciated Linda. Thank You!
!

No comments:

Post a Comment